Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Medifast Day 9

I haven't posted since my dentist appointment. That ended up being a bit more painful than I expected, so I struggled to eat on Monday and had to skip my lean and green. Not fun, I didn't feel well at all.

Thankfully, I felt better by Tuesday. I had a pudding, bar, the last of my muffins, a shake (added lemon extract), and I made some oatmeal biscuits:

1 package Medifast oatmeal (any flavor)
1 package Medifast eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tblsp ground flax meal
1/8 tsp Splenda
1/4 tsp lemon or vanilla extract
Spices to taste: pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
4 Tbls water
Mix all ingredients, add water, and form into 2 circles on a cookie sheet. Smooth the tops. Bake at 375 forapproximately 10 minutes. If you wish for a browner top, you can then put under broiler for 1-2 minutes.


Not the best, but it was something to cook (and I certainly miss cooking).

I also am trying to widen my lean and green dinners: I scrambled a cup of eggbeaters for lunch, and had 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese with a side of green beans with a tsp of olive oil and garlic powder. The eggbeaters were a good choice, but I think I will save cottage cheese for a bit later. I felt like I didn't eat "dinner", even though cottage cheese = more calories than a boca burger. Strange how our thinking patterns work.

Exercise: stretching during House. :)

No comments: