Thursday, January 17, 2008

Medifast Day 4

Yesterday evening was easy once again! I suppose my metabolism is just higher in the morning, making the first half of the day more of a struggle.

Wrapping up the rest of yesterday, I did 20minutes of step aerobics, then had some chili in the afternoon (added some hot sauce - highly recommend!). For dinner, I cooked up a boca burger and ate it plain with a side salad and a tbsp of low fat ranch. Splitting my lean and green did wonders for me! At my Wednesday Bible study, I had so much energy that I actually stayed after class talking for another hour!

Before bed (10pm), I actually had to push myself to eat another pudding. In spite of my cheats, that puts me at only 920 calories. Can you believe that? Normally, I would feel sick eating such a low amount of calories...I must say, I am pretty impressed with medifast right now.

SO...moving on to today. I woke up at 4am, grabbed some pudding, and finished the article I've been working on (yes, I know...I keep really weird hours..but I write when inspired, regardless of the time!) Had a bar after that, and finished off my waffles around 10am. Which means I need to come up with another recipe as I am doing everthing I can to fight food boredom!

It's almost noon here and I'm cooking up some muffins:

1 package Medifast Blueberry Oatmeal
1 package Medifast scrambled eggs
2 packages Medifast vanilla pudding
1 1/2 c water
2 packets of Splenda
1/2 t baking powder
pinch of salt1
Tablespoon grated lemon rind
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Whisk well and let sit for about 15 minutes. Whisk again and pour into 8 sprayed muffin tins.
Bake in a 350 oven for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serves 4. Refrigerate unused portions and eat promptly.


I plan to eat two and freeze the other six. Then I'm going to split my lean and green again, and I still have room for another meal and a soup (in place of a snack. maybe.) We will see..

No comments: