Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Medifast Day 2

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night and ate a package of medifast crackers. There goes my snack for the day at 2 am. Oh well!

I again woke up and had pudding, this time at 5am. (I guess my body is wanting to eat every three hours, regardless of the fact that i'm trying to sleep!) I went back to bed and woke up at 8:00, leaving me one hour to leave the house in order to meet with my editor. I grabbed a bar, had a quick shower and left just in time!

By the time I made it back home, it was 11:00, and I opted for another soup, of the broccoli cream variety. That was good and held me well while I made some of the edits on my draft. At 1:30, I attempted to do a Billy Blanks Tae-Bo video...it was a bit exhausting (and long again! no wonder exercise is not suggested at first. I'm only exercising because I normally do, and 20-min a day doesn't seem excessive).

But after that hard work, I wanted to reward myself, so I cooked up a batch of pancakes. I didn't like the way the pancakes were turning out, so I instead plugged in my waffle-maker and I liked the texture so much more. Here is the recipe I used:

1 package of Medifast Eggs
4 oz water
1 package Medifast Oatmeal - any flavor
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/8 tsp Vanilla

Mix eggs and water very well, with whisk or blender. Add baking powder and vanilla. Stir in one pack of Medifast oatmeal. Make sure it is well mixed and that the oatmeal is evenly dispersed (otherwise you get flat pancakes)
Spray nonstick skillet with Pam. Cook like pancakes. Makes 4 fluffy pancakes - two servings. Second batch can be reheated in the microwave for 15 seconds.
Top with some non-aerosol butter spray and/or a tad of DaVinci sugar free syrup.


I doubled the recipe and froze the other six waffles. I also went easy on the water, so be careful.

Dinner was very simple: I tore open a pouch of sweet and sour tuna (5oz), threw it on my bagged iceberg (another note to self: buy lettuce that doesn't completely lack flavor!), and topped it with 2 tbsp low fat salsa ranch.

My sister brought over a bag of clothes for me to go through, so that both occupied me for the next few hours and inspired me to lose this weight - I want so badly to fit into these size 7 jeans, but that's a long way off!

At about 8, I was going to have another shake, but I couldn't resist trying my waffles. I topped them with fat free ICBINB and calorie free maple syrup. WHOA, those toppings and the waffle shape paid off! AWESOME!

No comments: